TikTok’s newest features have been designed to level up your content game, while Microsoft joins the rat race to offer the best AI-generating tools.
Find out the latest updates and new features in this week’s business, tech and marketing news, including:
- NEW Targeting Option in Google Ads
- Facebook Ads Policies are Now Called Meta Ad Standards
- TikTok Releases NEW Editing Tools and Photo Mode
- New Pages Experience on Facebook
- YouTube Launches @Handles for Channels
- Microsoft Previews AI Art Generation
- YouTube Updates Studio App
Catch up on last week’s news: Instagram Tests NEW Ad Options & More
This Week’s Marketing & News Highlights — 10 October to 14 October 2022
NEW Targeting Option in Google Ads
Google Ads is releasing a Target Return on Ad Spend update, allowing marketers to increase returns on app campaigns.
The targeting update is for app marketers designed to increase revenue earned from in-app advertisements.
Facebook Ads Policies are Now Called Meta Ad Standards
Meta has renamed Facebook Advertising Policies to Meta Ad Standards, making them “as useful, transparent and clear as possible.”
However, Meta announced they won’t change the scope of the policies, nor are they announcing any new ones at this point in time.
TikTok Releases NEW Editing Tools & Photo Mode
TikTok has released seven new editing tools, allowing users to easily adjust clips, sounds, images and text in a new editing environment, all within TikTok’s creative flow. You’ll be able to:
- Edit clips: Stack, trim and split video clips.
- Edit sounds: Cut, trim and set the duration for sounds.
- Edit and position text: More easily edit, position and set the time for text.
- Add overlays: Add photo and video overlays for picture-in-picture stacking.
- Adjust video speed: Speed or slow the pace of video clips.
- Frame content: Rotate or zoom in and out of the frame.
- Add sound effects
Plus, after testing for a few months, TikTok has released Photo Mode to all users. The slideshow posting style is designed to showcase artwork, fashion diaries, photography and more.
YouTube Launches @Handles for Channels
YouTube is rolling out unique @handles for channels, making it easier to drive traffic to your profile and promote your channel in the app.
The new @handles can be used as a way for creators to better credit collaborators and spread their channel names.
New Pages Experience on Facebook
Facebook’s new Pages experience is ideal for small-to-medium-sized businesses with easier navigation and a Professional Dashboard.
You may also like: Don’t switch to Facebook’s new Page’s Experience yet. Here’s why…
Microsoft Previews AI Art Generation
Microsoft has entered the world of AI art generation by sharing a preview of their coming Microsoft Designer platform.
The new designer tool will enable an easier way for people to create content for marketing campaigns.
YouTube Updates Studio App
YouTube has refreshed the Studio app on mobile, making it easier to see all the key insights and data points.