What are the benefits of an Instagram business account?
- See insights on your followers, reach, profile views, website clicks and more!
- Be able to promote posts to expand your audience outside of your followers.
- Add a contact button to your bio and your industry to your profile.
- For business and verified accounts with more than 10,000 followers, you’ll have the option to add ‘swipe up to view’ links to your Instagram stories.
These are just some of the current benefits! Instagram is always improving and adding features, making it easier for businesses to engage with their audience, find new leads and measure their return on engagement (ROI).
More Benefits of an Instagram Business Account from our Head of Search Strategy
Now, how do you create an Instagram business account? Follow our guide below, and you’ll have yours set up in no time!
Step 1: Get Organised
Before you start, there’s a few things you’ll need:
- Download the Instagram app on your phone.
- Follow the prompts to create a normal Instagram account for your business.
- The logo used on your other social platforms.
- Decide on a username (preferably your business name).
- Create a Facebook business page (find out how to here).
You’ll also want to prepare your soon-to-be Instagram bio in the notes app on your phone. This will make it easier for you to copy and paste into the Instagram app when you’re ready. You only have 150 characters (including spaces and emojis), so choose wisely!
Step 2: Link Your Facebook
On your Instagram profile page (not the feed), select the 3 lines in the top right-hand corner. This will open a drop down. Right at the bottom of the list, you’ll see Settings—give it a click.
Towards the middle of the now open list, find Switch to Business Profile. Instagram will show you some of the features you can use. Keep clicking continue until you reach the Connect to Facebook Page screen. Select the Facebook business page you intend to use and click next.
Step 3: Review Your Profile
Instagram will ask you to add your business email address and your phone number. You can later choose not to display either your email or your phone number, however it’s good to have both, if possible.
Step 4: Edit Your Profile
By clicking Edit Profile, you can add your bio and website, change your profile photo and select your category and contact options. Now, you’re ready to add your first post!
Some Helpful Tips
To view your insights (profile statistics), click on the 3 horizontal lines in the top right-hand corner. Then select Insights.
Select the middle + sign at the bottom of the page to add an image.
To view your private messages, click on the home page/feed and select the symbol that looks like a paper plane in the top right-hand corner.
You can find your notifications for new followers, comments and likes by clicking on the heart symbol at the bottom of the page.
Follow Localsearch for the latest digital marketing and social media tips for your business!