You read right. In roughly 3 minutes, you’ll learn what boosting a post on Facebook is, how to do it, when to do it, when not to do it and more. And yes, we really did time it.
Everything you need to know about boosting posts on Facebook.
What is boosting a post on Facebook?
When you boost a Facebook post, you’re paying the platform to show more people an organic post you’ve already published. You can target people based on their age, location and basic interests. However, due to the limited reporting on boosted posts, it’s usually better to use the Facebook Ads platform.
Please note, not all posts can be boosted.
How do I boost a post on Facebook?
- Go to your Facebook business page.
- Find the post you would like to boost.
- Click the blue ‘Boost Post’ button (if available for that post type).
- Select your objective (Link Clicks, Post Engagements or Messages).
- Add a button (optional) such as ‘Learn More’.
- Customise who you’d like to see your post.
- Choose how many days you’d like your post to be boosted.
- Select your total budget to be spent over your running period.
- Add your payment method.
- Click ‘Boost’.
When is the best time to boost Facebook post?
There are very few reasons you’ll choose boosting a post over running Facebook Ads. One case is if you have an upcoming event you want to run a last minute social media promotion for.
While Facebook Ads would give you better results and provide you with the tracking to prove it, you would need to be running the ads for at least 5 days for them to work efficiently. Boosting posts does not require time as it shows the post to anyone within your selected audience.
Why should you not boost a Facebook post?
Here are the top 5 reasons:
- Lack of real metrics showing actual results you care about.
- Boosted posts don’t show on Instagram or Facebook messenger.
- The audience can’t be targeted enough for worthwhile results.
- You can’t accurately track sales, conversions or clicks.
- Customers can’t be retargeted.
However, we know boosting posts is easier than running Facebook Ads for most people.
But we’re here to help. Our social media marketing specialists can optimise your ads to get you in front of people who are actually interested in what you do. Contact us now to organise your custom quote.