With lockdowns, restrictions, border closures and more happening once more throughout Australia, our State Governments are releasing more packages and support offers for businesses and individuals.
There are currently a few options available for New South Wales businesses, including the below NSW Government business grants and support. However, as conditions change fast, it’s best to keep an eye on the government grants and loans pages to know what’s available and when.
Subscribe to our digital marketing, business and tech newsletter now for the latest updates sent straight to your inbox.
NSW Government Business Grants & Support July 2021
Starts: 19 July 2021
About the COVID-19 Business Boost Grant
Businesses, sole traders and not-for-profit organisations who have been affected by the Sydney and Greater Sydney restrictions may be eligible for grants of up to $15,000 from 19 July 2021. The grant can be used on business expenses such as rent, utilities and wages, but must not be used on expenses other government support is available to help with.
Grant amounts will depend on the decline in turnover experienced when a fortnight turnover is compared to one similar of 2019:
- $7,500 for a decline of 30% or more.
- $10,000 for a decline of 50% or more.
- $15,000 for a decline of 70% or more.
COVID-19 Business Boost Grant Eligibility
Eligibility criteria has not yet been released for the COVID-19 Business Boost Grant. Please refer to the Service NSW website to receive notifications.
A micro business grant has also been announced, allowing eligible small businesses or sole traders with an annual turnover of more than $30,000 but under $75,000 to receive fortnightly payments. Your business must be able to show being impacted by the Greater Sydney COVID-19 restrictions. Businesses will be able to apply for the fortnightly payments of up to $1,500 per fortnight from late July on the Service NSW website.
Available from 5 July 2021.
About the Small Business Fees & Charges Rebate
Each eligible business, sole trader and not-for-profit will be able to receive a rebate of $1,500 to offset the cost of eligible NSW and local government fees and charges. These fees and charges include, but are not limited to:
- Food authority licences.
- Liquor licences.
- Tradesperson licences.
- Event fees.
- Outdoor seating fees.
- Council rates.
Eligible businesses only need to apply once for the rebate but can submit multiple claims until the full $1,500 rebate is used. However, the rebate can only be used on eligible fees and charges due and paid from 1 March 2021 and cannot be used for fines, penalties, fees and charges with the key purpose of discouraging behaviours or inducing behaviours charges, Commonwealth Government charges, rent on government premises or taxes.
Who is eligible for the Small Business Fees & Charges Rebate?
- Be a small business, non-employing sole trader or not-for-profit organisation.
- Have an ABN registered in NSW and/or have a business premises physically located and operating in NSW.
- Have total Australian wages below the NSW Government 2020–2021 payroll tax threshold of $1.2 million.
- Be registered for goods and services tax (GST).
- Provide a declaration the business has a turnover of at least $75,000 per year.
The NSW Government has advised not-for-profits are not subject the GST requirement, but must be able to demonstrate an annual turnover of more than $75,000 per year.
How to apply for the Small Business Fees & Charges Rebate:
- Apply via the Service NSW website.
- Have your two forms of identity ready, which can include an Australian driver licence, Medicare card, Australian passport, Australian birth certificate, Australian travel visa, Australian citizenship certificate, Australian certificate of registration by descent and/or an Australian ImmiCard.
- Have your MyServiceNSW Account details, valid ABN/ACN number and business banking details for payment ready.
- Check your business is eligible for the rebate.
- Once you’re on the Apply Now page, log in to your MyServiceNSW Account.
- Select and verify your identity documents.
- Once your identity is verified, select Continue.
- Confirm your contact details.
- Complete the fields, as required, and upload any supported documentation.
- On the next screen, enter your bank details.
- Review your application and check the declaration boxes.
- Select Next to submit your application.
Once you have submitted your application, you will receive a confirmation email containing your application reference number. The NSW Government advises you check your junk inbox and then call 13 77 88 if you do not receive your confirmation email within 5 minutes of submitting your application.
Service NSW may be in touch with you if they need further information, otherwise you will receive a confirmation emails with how to claim if your application is approved.
Dine & Discover NSW
Registration Now Open Until 31 August 2021
About Dine & Discover NSW
The NSW Government has extended the Dine & Discover NSW scheme until 31 August 2021. Though Dine & Discover NSW, residents over the age of 18 in NSW can apply for 4 x $25 vouchers (worth $100 total), 2 of which can be used in dining venues, while the other two can be used for entertainment and recreation.
Recipients of the vouchers have until the 31 August 2021 to use the vouchers, for which businesses can still register to be a recipient of vouchers.
Who is eligible to register to redeem Dine & Discover NSW vouchers?
As a business eligible to register to redeem Dine & Discover NSW vouchers, you must:
- Have an active ABN.
- Operate in New South Wales.
- Be registered as COVID safe and have a COVID-19 safety plan.
- Operate as a café, restaurant, pub, tavern, winery, bar, club, scenic and sightseeing transport provider, cinema, museum, gallery, historic site, zoo, botanic garden, wildlife park, nature reserve, live music operator, performing arts operator, theatre, entertainment centre, amusement park, theme park, water park, a recreational activity (such as go-karting, indoor climbing, mini golf, billiards, bowling or ice-rink), outdoor adventure or travel agency or tours.
- Have guests claiming dine vouchers seated for a dine-in meal.
- Be able to redeem vouchers online for a physical event or attraction for arts, tourism or recreational vouchers.
- Allow vouchers to be used 7-days a week, including public holidays.
- Not allow vouchers to be used for alcohol, gambling or tobacco.
- Not allow vouchers to be redeemed for cash, even if the full value of the voucher is not redeemed.
- Not allow the vouchers to be used for online only services, takeaway or food delivery orders.
- Phone or tablet to be table to scan and accept vouchers. You will be provided with an app to do this by Service NSW.
What you need to register your business to receive Dine & Discover NSW vouchers:
- A MyService NSW account.
- 2 personal identity documents, such as an Australian driver licence, Australian passport, Medicare card, Australian travel visa, etc.
- Your business’s ABN or ACN, name, address, phone number and industry type.
- Your business’s bank account details so you can receive payments.
You can register online via the Service NSW registration page and your MyServiceNSW Account.