Service NSW Opens a $50,000 grant to aid small businesses affected by the June/July 2022 Floods.
Plus, Google, yet again, surprises us with another product review update that might dramatically affect your website rankings.
Discover the top business and marketing news highlights this week:
- June/July 2022 NSW Business Flood Grants Now Open
- LinkedIn Rolling Out Carousel Posting Feature
- Meta Launches Music Revenue Sharing Program
- NEW Auto Response Feature on Google Business Profile
- Twitter is Testing Hashtags in Communities
- Three NEW Google Ad Creation Tools
- Google July 2022 Product Review Algorithm Update
- Meta Releases 2022 Seasonal Sales Marketing Guide
- Google Delays Blocking Third-Party Cookies Until 2024
- UPDATE: Apple’s Latest iOS 16 Beta Won’t Completely Hide Edits
Catch up on last week’s news: Meta Releases NEW Tools for Small Business & More
This Week’s Marketing & News Highlights — 25 July to 29 July
June/July 2022 NSW Business Flood Grants Now Open
Eligible businesses impacted by the June/July 2022 storm and flood events can now apply for the NSW Government’s recovery grant of up to $50,000.
You must be a small business owner or a not-for-profit organisation in a defined disaster area and:
- Have suffered direct damage — ‘direct damage’ meaning a direct and material impact of flooding on business assets or equipment.
- Be primarily responsible for meeting the costs you are claiming.
- Intend to re-establish your small business or not-for-profit organisation within the same area
if you are a small business, have held an ABN (which you currently hold) and are engaged in carrying on the small business at the time of the floods in the defined disaster area.
- If you are a not-for-profit organisation, be registered with the Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission (ACNC) or an equivalent state regulatory body and have held that registration at the time of the eligible disaster.
Find out additional details on eligibility, how to apply and more via Service NSW.
LinkedIn Rolling Out Carousel Posting Feature
LinkedIn users are beginning to start seeing a new carousel posting feature on LinkedIn. Carousels will help users and businesses showcase better visuals to increase engagement.
When creating a carousel, users will also be able to add alt text and re-arrange the order of uploads.
Meta Launches Music Revenue Sharing Program
Meta’s newest Revenue Sharing Program enables creators to add more licenced music to their content.
The new Music Revenue Sharing Program will:
- Enable creators to add licensed music to their content.
- Provides a revenue stream for musicians.
NEW Auto Response Feature on Google Business Profile
Users can now set auto responses for frequently asked questions in Google Business Profile Messages.
New feature for Messages on Google Business Profile:
- Create up to 10 FAQ.
- Questions maximum 40 characters.
- Answers maximum 500 characters.
Twitter is Testing Hashtags in Communities
Twitter is testing hashtags in Communities to help users find specific conversations.
Community hashtags will order from most popular to least popular at the top of the Communities page.
The new hashtag feature is now on Android, the web and coming soon to iOS!
Three NEW Google Ad Creation Tools
The three latest Google Ad creation tools for advertisers include:
Asset Storage and Organisation
A visual-first database where team members can upload, download, and share assets from current and past campaigns.
Creative Video Ads for YouTube
Allows advertisers to quickly create video ads for YouTube.
The feature uses Google’s speech-to-text technology with seven voices and ten languages available.
Google July 2022 Product Review Algorithm Update
Here are the algorithm changes you need to know about from the July 2022 product reviews update.
- The algorithm is designed to reward reviews that share in-depth research.
- Google wants product reviews to focus on quantitative measurements, benefits and drawbacks, and comparisons with other products.
- Google will prioritise unique value and original reviews over content that already exists on the web.
Meta Releases 2022 Seasonal Sales Marketing Guide
Meta latest 2022 Seasonal Sales Marketing Guide is designed to show users how to maximise
seasonal sales moments.
Meta’s Consumer Insight
61% of year-end shoppers surveyed in Australia enjoyed discovering items they weren’t actively looking for.*
58% of year-end shoppers surveyed in Australia bought something during Seasonal Sales events.*
91% of year-end shoppers surveyed in Australia are likely to try a new brand during the Christmas season.*
Gain insight from the complete 2022 Seasonal Sales Marketing Guide.
Google Delays Blocking Third-Party Cookies Until 2024
Google Privacy Sandbox is testing a new set of APIs that can preserve privacy and ensure blocking third-party cookies is a reality in 2024.
UPDATE: Apple’s Latest iOS 16 Beta Won’t Completely Hide Edits
Apple has added an edit history to the iOS 16’s iMessage editing feature.
- Users can unsend a message for up to 2 minutes after sending it.
- Users can still edit for up to 15 minutes.
- Users can make up to 5 edits to a message.
- Users can see a log of all edits to a message.