This week, Google announced the Search Essentials Guidelines, October 2022 Spam Update.
While releasing new tools to help Google Ads advertisers report on conversions impact campaign performance.
Find out the latest updates and new features in this week’s business, tech and marketing news, including:
- TikTok Partners with Linktree
- Instagram ‘Achievement’ Badges for Reels
- NEW Google Search Essentials Guidelines
- Branded Content Tags Available on Facebook Reels
- Three NEW Google Ads Reporting Columns
- Pinterest Expands Trends Tool
- YouTube Adds Shoppable Links
- Google’s October 2022 Spam Update
Catch up on last week’s news: NEW TikTok Features, Microsoft AI Designer & More
This Week’s Marketing & News Highlights — 17 October to 21 October 2022
TikTok Partners with Linktree
TikTok announces NEW partnership with Linktree. The recent partnership will facilitate creators with more traffic via referral link options.
Instagram ‘Achievement’ Badges for Reels
Instagram is working on ways to incentivise creators by developing ‘Achievements’ Badges for Reels. ‘Trendsetter’ and ‘Creative Streak’ are some of the achievements Instagram have begun trialling.
NEW Google Search Essentials Guidelines
Google has rebranded the Webmaster Guidelines to Search Essentials, while also simplifying the guidelines into three categories:
- Technical requirements.
- Spam policies.
- Key best practices.
Branded Content Tags Available on Facebook Reels
Meta has added a Branded Content tag tool on Facebook Reels to provide another monetisation route for short-form creators.
The new tag tool will make it easier for creators to disclose Facebook Reels made in partnership with brands and to give them permission to boost them. The option for amplification could lead to more brands using Facebook Reels for creator campaigns.
Three NEW Google Ads Reporting Columns
Google Ads has built the following columns for reporting on conversions impact campaign performance:
- Results: Shows the number of conversions received across your primary conversion actions.
- Results Value: Calculate conversion values you’ve received across your primary conversion actions.
- Conversion Goals: Showing you the goals listed in your campaign-level settings.
Pinterest Expands Trends Tool
Pinterest is updating its Trend Tool with the following features:
- A new widget to show what has been trending with your engaged users and followers.
- More demographic, place, time and topic trend filters.
- NEW trend types (e.g. seasonal trends).
YouTube Adds Shoppable Links
YouTube is starting to roll out the option to tag their videos, Shorts and live streams with shoppable links.
Google’s October 2022 Spam Update
Google has released the October 2022 spam update globally, which affects all languages.
Google will update its ranking release history page when the rollout is complete.