The QLD Business Basics Grant was set to be released on 4 May 2022. However, on the day, the Queensland Government announced technical issues and delayed the grant from opening.
On 10 May 2022, it was announced the QLD Business Basics Grant would be divided into two streams for Regional Queensland and South East Queensland.
The QLD Business Basics Grant for Regional Queensland will open for applications at 9am, 16 May 2022, while South East Queensland will open for applications at 9am, 17 May 2022.
But what else has changed? We’ve put what we know from the Queensland Government resources below.
QLD Business Basics Grant Round 3 Update
When does the QLD Business Basics Grant Round 3 open for applications?
The QLD Business Basics Grant Round 3 will open for applications to eligible Regional Queensland businesses at 9am, 16 May 2022. It will open to eligible South East Queensland businesses at 9am, 17 May 2022.
Who is considered a South East Queensland business for the QLD Business Basics Grant?
To be considered for the South East Queensland Stream of Round 3 of the QLD Business Basics Grant, your principal place of business will need to be located in one of the following local government areas:
- Brisbane City Council.
- City of Gold Coast.
- Ipswich City Council.
- Lockyer Valley Regional Council.
- Logan City Council.
- Moreton Bay Regional Council.
- Noosa Shire Council.
- Redlands City Council.
- Scenic Rim Regional Council.
- Somerset Regional Council.
- Sunshine Coast Council.
- Toowoomba Regional Council.
Who is considered a Regional Queensland business for the QLD Business Basics Grant?
Any business located in any other local government area in Queensland not listed in the South East Queensland local government areas is considered a regional business for the Business Basics Grant.
What can the QLD Business Basics Grant be used for?
The Queensland Government has updated the Business Basics Grant to help businesses fund 5 priorities:
- Training and coaching.
- Website build or upgrades.
- Professional business advice.
- Strategic marketing services.
- Business continuity and succession.
How much is the QLD Business Basics Grant?
Under the Business Basics Grant, Queensland businesses may be eligible for:
- A single up-front fixed grant payment of $5,000 (excluding GST).
The grant will not cover:
- Activities less than $5,000 (excluding GST).
- Payments made before the approval date. Businesses must be approved before paying for the grant-funded activity.
How to apply for the QLD Business Basics Grant:
- Read the Queensland Government documentation for application guidelines, terms and conditions, frequently asked questions, sample application form, statutory declaration sample and choosing a supplier.
- Check your eligibility using the Queensland Government eligibility checker.
- For those who haven’t already, apply for a DEBST SmartyGrants applicant account.
- Ensure your Australian Business Register profile for your business is up to date, including checking your ABN and GST status, as well as your main business location.
- Choose your suppliers, ensuring to collect a quote (or quotes) dated after 13 April 2022. Businesses can only include up to 2 quotes with only 1 quote per supplier.
- Prepare your documentation, including a signed and witnessed statutory declaration from the business’s owner or director stating the business meets all eligibility criteria and a supplier quote, which must include a description and cost of services, who will undertake the activity and an outline of key activities.
For more information, please see the business.qld.gov.au website.
Disclaimer: This article is for general informational purposes only and does not replace the advice of the government or a finance professional. Neither Localsearch nor the author are liable for any misuse of the information in this article. Please consult a financial professional for any and all financial queries specific to your situation.