On the 29 August 2019, Google announced the finalist shortlist for the six award categories for the 2019 Google Premier Partner Awards. Amongst the five shortlisted finalists for the Growing Businesses Online category was Localsearch—us!
The Growing Businesses Online category is:
We find out the results in 2020 at the Google Premier Partner Awards ceremony.
A Google Premier Partner must achieve and continue to meet minimum requirements outlined by Google, including:
- Having a minimum of 2 staff managing Google Ads for the business who are certified in Google Ads.
- Meeting a minimum spend across all of the Google Ads accounts the business manages.
- Achieving performance requirements such as a solid overall ad revenue and growth, as well as maintaining and growing the number of managed accounts.
By being a Google Premier Partner, it gives businesses faith the Google Ads services provided are reputable and being managed by specialists. Partners receive support from the search engine giant, access to networking and training opportunities and are able to run events in partnership with Google.
What is a Google Premier Partner not?
A Google Premier Partner does not relate to search engine optimisation services. It is solely based on Google Ads performance. They do not work for Google but have been recognised by the world’s top search engine for the criteria (and more) above.
There are a number of guidelines partners must follow, including:
- A Google Partner of any level cannot suggest the search engine favours them and their results more than any other partner or non-partner.
- They cannot reference themselves as being the most experienced partner or belittle another partner in the network.
- The Google Premier Partner badge must be displayed in the correct format, linking through to the correct page and cannot be placed on inappropriate websites.
- Claims cannot be made that being a Partner gives them reduced rates or guaranteed results.
Is a Google My Business Partner the same as being a Google Premier Partner?
No. A Google Premier Partner has been recognised for their work with Google Ads accounts, while Google My Business Partners can manage Google My Business (GMB) profiles on behalf of businesses.
We are very proud to say Localsearch was one of the first two Google My Business Partners in Australia. With how valuable GMB is for local search results, it’s another way we can assist with the SEO of Australian businesses.
If you haven’t yet claimed your free GMB profile, get in touch with us now.