You’re likely here for one of two reasons:
- You got yourself a shiny new business profile on Localsearch.com.au.
- You’ve had a Localsearch business profile for a while but it’s not giving you the results you’d hope.
Either way, knowing how to optimise your Localsearch.com.au business profile is going to help you be seen more, connect with more potential customers and get trusted for more conversions.
Some of these optimisations you can do on a free business profile, but some are exclusive to our exclusive business profile holders.
If you’re tempted by the upgraded features, be sure to reach out to our digital marketing specialists for a free quote.
But enough of that, and onto how to optimise your Localsearch.com.au profile for success.
Benefits of Optimising Your Localsearch.com.au Business Profile
- Stand out from your competitors.
- Build trust with your potential customers.
- Improve your search engine optimisation (SEO) results.
- Generate more leads.
9 Best Ways to Optimise Your Localsearch.com.au Business Profile
1. Ensure you have a consistent name, address and phone number.
Your business name, address and phone number — known as your NAP — hold a lot of power in the search engine world. As such, it’s crucial your NAP is consistent wherever it’s displayed online.
Essentially, Google and other search engines use your NAP as a type of identification.
If you’re utilising your off-page SEO factors, like optimising your Google Business Profile and online directories, Google will cross-reference your NAP across the different platforms to verify if it’s you. While they do use other factors, it may mean your hard work doesn’t go towards bettering your rankings.
It is free to include and update your business name, address and phone number on your Localsearch.com.au business profile.
2. Add your logo and feature images.
Having a professionally designed logo you use consistently online and offline help makes your business more easily recognisable and more trustworthy. Localsearch.com.au is one of these online places.
Once you’ve drawn people in (whether they recognised your logo or for another reason), a high-quality and relevant feature image will help them explore your profile more.
What you put in your feature image is up to you. Some ideas:
- A banner for a promotion (just remember to update it).
- An image of your shopfront.
- A photo of your branded vehicles.
- A snapshot of your team.
- A photo of your product or result of your service.
Adding a logo and a feature image to your Localsearch.com.au business profile is an upgraded feature, but is well worth it, as you can see above.
TIP: Ideally, your logo should be 100px by 100px, while your feature image should be landscape with minimum dimensions of 1000px by 1000px.
3. Upload high-quality photos of your products, services or business.
While your feature image draws people in, extra photos on your business profile can help sell them.
When uploading photos to your Localsearch business profile, ensure they are:
- High quality.
- At least 1000px by 1000px.
- Ideally landscape.
- Show off your business, team, products and/or services.
- Your own photos (or licensed stock images).
Each upgrade package on Localsearch.com.au will include a set number of images you can upload, which we recommend making full use of to entice potential customers.
4. Get more reviews and respond to them.
98% of Australians read reviews before making a purchase. So, there is no question in that you need reviews, and Localsearch.com.au is one of the many places customers can review your business.
Now, it’s not enough to just be receiving reviews, but you also need to be responding to them professionally too — and that’s for good and bad reviews. A study from Brightlocal on reviews found not only are 89% of consumers highly or fairly likely to use a business who responds to reviews, they’re 57% very likely or not at all likely to use a business who doesn’t respond to their reviews.
Receiving and responding to reviews on your business profile on Localsearch.com.au is 100% free. All you need is your login details to your business profile to access your reviews.
5. Keep your information and trading hours up to date.
Speaking of online reviews, three of the most common reasons for negative reviews received on Localsearch.com.au is due to businesses not:
- Being open when they say they are.
- Not returning enquiries.
- Advertising products or services they no longer do.
Keeping your trading hours, contact information and business information up to date is an easy way to prevent negative reviews and increase repeat business.
It is free and easy to update your business details and trading hours, and all you need is your Localsearch business profile login details to do it.
6. Update your payment methods.
Another easy, free way to optimise your Localsearch.com.au business profile is by adding your payment methods.
Do you accept Afterpay and Zip? How about cash and Visa? Add it to your profile in your business profile manager. You’ll find payment methods under the Business Profile Features tab.
You may also like: 75% of Providers Will Be Subscription Businesses By 2023, Studies Find
7. Fill out your description, slogan, products and services.
This is an obvious one, but for people to use your business, they need to know what you do and how you can help them.
It may sound simple, but businesses don’t often take the time to fill these sections out with unique, complete information. Which, if your competitor hasn’t done so, this could be an even more huge advantage for you.
You can add basic information to a free business profile, however, upgraded business profiles can have near-endless options added.
Tip: Ensure you add unique content to your profile for search engine optimisation benefits. Avoid copying and pasting information straight from your website, social pages or other online profiles.
8. Respond to quote requests and enquiries.
As we’ve already mentioned, not responding to customer enquiries is one of the number one reasons businesses receive negative reviews on Localsearch.com.au.
At the top of your Localsearch business profile manager, you’ll notice a tab called Customer Interactions. By clicking this tab, you’ll see your enquiries and quote requests and be able to respond. You’ll also receive an email letting you know when you receive a quote request or enquiry.
Tip: Respond to quote requests and enquiries as soon as possible to improve your chances of sealing the deal. According to HubSpot research, 90% of customers say an ‘immediate’ response to enquiries is important or very important, with 60% of these saying they consider immediate as 10 minutes or less. However, within 4 hours is the standard best practice.
9. Explore other categories.
Let’s say you’re a plumber. You may put your business straight in the plumber category and leave it at that. But by upgrading, you may be able to expand into other categories, such as commercial plumbers, emergency plumbers, pump sales and repairs, and more.
When you upgrade with Localsearch.com.au, you’ll work with our expert Digital Marketing Specialists to ensure you’re reaching people searching for what it is you do and where you do it. Exploring your category options is just one of the ways we help with this.
How to Update Your Localsearch.com.au Business Profile
On desktop and mobile:
- Visit your business profile on Localsearch.com.au on your favourite browser.
- Select the Edit Profile button located above your logo and business information.
- Enter your details provided to you by Localsearch. If this is your first time logging in, please contact Localsearch on 1300 360 867 to request your login invitation.
- Your profile details are all on the first tab but explore the other tabs for more features.
What do I do if I don’t have my login details?
If you have a business profile on Localsearch.com.au and do not have or cannot find your login details, please contact our team at [email protected] or via 1300 360 867.
On the Localsearch app:
1. Download the free Localsearch app.
2. Search and enter your Localsearch business profile.
3. Select the Owner Login button, located beneath your contact information.
4. You will be redirected to log in to the business profile portal via your mobile browser.
Interested in upgrading your Localsearch.com.au business profile? Request a quote from our expert Digital Marketing Specialists at Localsearch.