Google has officially completed their September 2022 broad core algorithm update, leaving business owners eager to see if their website rankings and traffic patterns are impacted.
Find out the latest updates and new features found in this week’s business, tech and marketing news, including:
- NEW Meta Account Switching & Cross-App Alert Tools
- TikTok Expands the Length of Video Descriptions
- Meta Adds NEW Tools for Creators on Facebook
- Google’s September 2022 Broad Core Update Complete
- Instagram Releases Tips on How to Use Reels for Marketing
- NEW Google Maps Features and Updates
Catch up on last week’s news: Make Money Through YouTube Shorts & Other News
This Week’s Marketing & News Highlights — 26 September to 30 September 2022
NEW Meta Account Switching & Cross-App Alert Tools
Meta is rolling out a new profile switching tool, making it easier to switch between Facebook and Instagram, a very long-awaited tool for many.
The profile-switching interface will also combine your notifications for both Facebook and Instagram.
TikTok Expands the Length of Video Descriptions
TikTok will allow for more video optimising opportunities by expanding the length of description from 300 characters to 2,200 characters.
This may be an indicator of the platform leaning more on keywords from descriptions to help their algorithm.
Meta Adds NEW Tools for Creators on Facebook
Meta is adding new tools to help promote emerging creators on Facebook, including:
- Endorsement notifications to support creators.
- Templates to help recognise top fans.
- Restricted posts for subscribers and more.
Google’s September 2022 Broad Core Update Complete
Google’s September broad core algorithm update and product review update are now finished rolling out.
The Broad Core update could result in changes to your website rankings and traffic patterns.
Instagram Releases Tips on How to Use Reels for Marketing
Instagram has released a new 23-page The Business of Instagram: How-To Guides on how brands can use Instagram Reels for promotion and community building.
Instagram’s guide covers the following:
- How to build effective Reels ads.
- How to collaborate with Creators.
- How to reach customers with Instagram Shopping.
Access the guide via The Business of Instagram: How-To Guides
NEW Google Maps Features and Updates
Google announces new features for Maps, including:
- Update on immersive street view and aerial imagery.
- Neighbourhood vibe, designed to show trendy places and businesses.
- Search with Live View lets you use your camera to find shops, ATMs and restaurants when you’re on the go.
- Eco-friendly routing for drivers.