Google continues to roll out changes to audience features, expandable text ads and new suit tools for advertisers.
While Instagram has been working in the background to trial new features for the platform. But do people even want these features?
This week, the top business and marketing news highlights were:
- Updates to Google Ads Audience Features
- Instagram Tests Video Reactions & Followers Count
- Meta Launches Facebook Graph & Marketing API v14.0
- Businesses Can Now Manage Their TikTok Accounts Using Third-Party Tools
- Google to Update Enterprise 360 Suite Tool
- Community Admins Soon Able to Pin Tweets
- NEW ‘Calls’ Tab in Messenger
- REMINDER: Google Ending Expanded Text Ads
Catch up on last week’s news: New TikTok For Business Features, Google Updates & More
This Week’s Marketing & News Highlights — 30 May 2022 to 3 June 2022
Updates to Google Ads Audience Features
Google Ads updates include reusing audiences for future campaigns, renaming some key terms and a new Audiences tab for reporting.
Advertisers will now be able to reuse audiences across campaigns. Google Ads will save your built audience to use in future campaigns.
You may have already seen some key terms are being renamed in audience reports throughout Google Ads. Check out Google’s help documentation for when they revealed the changes in September 2021.
New Audience Reporting
Google has consolidated reporting into a new Audiences tab. You will be able to find the new tab in the left-side navigation menu.
Instagram Tests Video Reactions & Followers Count
Instagram appears to be trialling a reaction video feature for Reels and hiding the number of followers you have on your profile.
The news came when the platform’s changes were spotted by a tech leaker via Twitter.
Meta Launches Facebook Graph & Marketing API v14.0
Meta has released Facebook Graph API v14.0 and Marketing API v14.0. The API updates will help users better connect to other Meta tools and platforms.
API general announcements and updates:
- Updates to data protection assessment questions.
- Upcoming access verification process for tech provider apps.
- New optimisation support for marketing API.
- New connected apps feature in Business Manager.
- Simplifying categories for WhatsApp message templates.
- Updates to the user profile API on Messenger API for Instagram.
- Updates to permissible use cases for user_likes and user_posts.
Deprecations and breaking changes:
- Deprecation of connection targeting.
- Deprecation of Facebook analytics ‘user by segment’ feature.
- API version deprecations.
Businesses Can Now Manage Their TikTok Accounts Using Third-Party Tools
TikTok has now opened the opportunity for businesses to manage their accounts via third-party social media management platforms.
This new update is a win for businesses to monitor cross-platform performances via social media management platforms.
Google to Update Enterprise 360 Suite Tool
Google has released further details on the upgrade of their Enterprise 360 Suite Tool. The upgrades aim to make it easier to operate and scale larger campaigns.
Community Admins Soon Able to Pin Tweets
Twitter Community admins will soon have a new ‘Pin to Community Timeline‘ option on any Tweet within their managed group. The new feature will pin the Tweet to the top of the community, acting as a community notice.
NEW ‘Calls’ Tab in Messenger
Meta has begun rolling out a ‘Calls‘ tab to the lower function bar in the Messenger app to allow users to conduct audio and video calls.
Meta’s latest update has come from the latest statistics saying Messenger’s ‘audio and video calling has grown at a rapid rate, with over 40% more daily callers in the app now compared to early 2020.’
REMINDER: Google Ending Expanded Text Ads
Reminder for advertisers that Google will no longer allow users to create or edit expanded text ads from 30 June 2022.