TikTok For Business has released new marketing tools to help businesses identify their audience and collaborate with creators.
Plus, Google has been releasing updates to show any indexing issues in Search Console and provide a new Google Ads script experience.
The top business and marketing news highlights this week were:
- NEW interactive market insights for TikTok.
- Video page indexing report coming to Google Search Console.
- LinkedIn updates for search results.
- Script improvements for Google Ads.
- Instagram Stories layouts under review.
- Twitter tests new tags for tweets.
- TikTok introduces Branded Mission.
- YouTube hints livestream shopping features.
- How will the 2022 federal election affect your business?
Catch up on last week’s news: New Meta Features for Businesses, $50K QLD Grant & More
This Week’s Marketing & News Highlights — 16 May 2022 to 20 May 2022
NEW Interactive Market Insights for TikTok
TikTok has launched an interactive insights platform to find key data points on your target market. The insight platform shows data on your audience’s location, behaviour, interests and demographics.
There has been a lot of hype around this new tool as marketers are wanting to find more ways to connect with their target audience through the popular platform.
Video Page Indexing Report Coming to Google Search Console
Google Search Console will be launching a new video page indexing report that shows any indexing issues with your videos and how to debug any issues.
The new video page indexing report includes:
- See the total of video landing pages Google discovered and which video was indexed.
- Examine reasons for unindexed videos in landing pages.
- Use the list of affected video pages URLs to debug and fix issues.
- Validate fix to initiate recrawling of known affected URLs.
LinkedIn Updates for Search Results
LinkedIn continues to release new updates to provide more valuable content to users. Features you will start seeing on the platform include sharing reviews in your feed, unique referral links for creator profiles and real-time captions to audio events.
Script Improvements for Google Ads
Google has announced a “new Google Ads script experience” as advertisers will now have no entity limits on processing, script validation includes more checks, plus the use of scripts for bidding strategies.
Google Ads has also stated legacy scripts will be going away on October 31st, 2022.
Instagram Stories Layouts Under Review
Instagram has been testing a new layout for Stories that would hide excessive posts. These tests may lead to potential limits on how many Stories users can post in a row.
Twitter Tests New Tags for Tweets
Despite everything going on with Twitter, the team continues to carry on improving user experience.
Twitter has been testing new engagement features including a new “Liked by Author” label if the creator of a tweet likes your reply, plus a custom status indicator attached to tweets.
TikTok Introduces Branded Mission
Branded Mission is a new tool for brands to crowdsource authentic content from creators on TikTok, boost top-performing videos as ads, and drive media impressions.
With Branded Mission, advertisers can:
- Select the top-performing user-generated videos to convert into ads.
- Let creators tell the most relatable brand story in an authentic way.
- Discover and partner with creators, who are the main drivers of culture on TikTok.
YouTube Hints Livestream Shopping Features
In efforts to transform the platform into a more shoppable experience, Youtube will be launching new features for creators’ livestreams.
YouTube teased two new live stream shopping features at the Brandcast event. Creators will be able to co-host a single live stream shopping event, plus redirect their audience over to a brand’s channel from their own live stream.
How will the 2022 Federal Election affect your business?
Are you concerned about how the upcoming election could affect your business? Read what our very own Director of Digital & Growth and other leading industry experts chat about the matter to Dynamic Business in Let’s Talk: Business experts underline key issues ahead of the 2022 elections.