Get your August content calendar ready with our free August Content Planner.
This month is full of important days to recognise on social media. From Wear it Purple Day to National Dental Week, there is something in August for any type of business to post about.
Use this planner as a guide to create Reels, Facebook Posts and even blogs!
DOWNLOAD YOUR FREE AUGUST CONTENT PLANNER TEMPLATE HERE
Important Dates for Your August 2022 Content Planner
National Dental Week: 1 August 2022
Dental Health Week is the only major annual oral health campaign in Australia.
The week-long event is held annually in August (1 – 7 August in 2022) and focuses on promoting oral health. For businesses operating in the health and wellness sector, including chemists, this is a good week to recognise on your social media.
Ways to include National Dental Week into your content planner:
- Highlight products in your store which promote good dental health.
- Share a fact about dental health.
- Create a reel including how to brush your teeth properly.
You may also like: Doctor Advertising Rules Australia
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Children’s Day: 4 August 2022
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Children’s Day was established in 1988 and has been recognised by Australians every year since.
The date, 4 August, was historically used to celebrate birthdays of children of the stolen generation who were taken from their homes without knowing their birthdate.
While this day may not be able to be recognised on social media by everyone, it is important for those operating in the education, early childhood and other children related industries.
Ways to include Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Children’s Day into your content planner:
- Share photos of your celebration of the day, this could include cultural activities.
- Include the @SNAICC and #MyDreaming #MyFuture #NATSIChildrensDay tags and hashtags in your posts.
International Cat Day: 8 August 2022
International Cat Day was created in 2002 by the International Fund for Animal Welfare.
The day is all about celebrating everything cats and learning more about caring for them. For anyone operating in the animal sector, this is a must to celebrate in your content plan.
Ways to include International Cat Day into your content planner:
- Educate your followers about caring for their cat, including protecting local wildlife. You can use Canva to create some infographics or even some informative short videos.
- Share a photo or reel of your teams’ cats. Even better if you have an office cat!
- If all else fails, a good old cat meme never fails to disappoint.
International Day of the World’s Indigenous Peoples: 9 August 2022
This day was created to recognise the achievements and contributions that indigenous people make to the world.
On this day, people from around the world are encouraged to spread awareness around the promotion and protection of the rights of indigenous peoples.
Ways to include International Day of the World’s Indigenous Peoples
into your content planner:
- Share information about your local area heritage in reference to indigenous culture.
- Share content from indigenous creators.
World Elephant Day: 12 August 2022
World Elephant Day is dedicated to the preservation of the world’s elephant population. There are many ways your business can get involved on this day, including hosting a fundraiser in your workplace.
Ways to include World Elephant Day into your content planner:
- Share facts about elephant populations around the world with your followers, ensuring you include links to donate.
- Host a workplace event to raise funds, sharing photos or videos from the event on your social media.
- If you work in the education sector, ask students to draw or create something relating to elephants and share it on your social media.
Keep Australia Beautiful Week: 15 – 22 August 2022
Keep Australia Beautiful week focuses on encouraging people to make small changes to reduce their impact on the Australian environment. This can include local clean-ups, tree planting or adding a recycling bin to your office space.
Ways to include Keep Australia Beautiful Week into your content planner:
- Get out and about with a clean-up in your local park, sharing photos and creating reels encouraging others to do the same.
- Share a ‘how-to’ blog on an environmentally friendly activity such as composting.
World Humanitarian Day: 19 August 2022
This day was created by the United Nations to recognise the efforts of humanitarians to celebrate their achievements and to honour those who have passed.
Ways to include World Humanitarian Day in your content planner:
- Educate your followers on a humanitarian relevant to your industry or location, including sharing videos or posts from humanitarians on different social platforms.
- Share an inspirational quote from a humanitarian or someone making moves in your industry to help the environment.
Speech Pathology Week: 21 – 27 August 2022
Held annually in August, Speech Pathology Week seeks to educate Australians about speech pathology as a profession and the work done by speech pathologists. It’s a great week to recognise if you’re operating in the industry.
Ways to include Speech Pathology Week in your content planner:
- Thank a speech pathologist in your community.
- Highlight the benefits of speech pathology in your community.
- Share information about communication disabilities and how we can all work together to be more inclusive.
Wear it Purple Day: 26 August 2022
Wear it Purple Day was founded in 2010 in response to stories of hardship teenage members of the LGBTIQ community were facing. On the day, people around the world are encouraged to wear purple as a sign of support.
Ways to include Wear it Purple Day in your content planner:
- Add some purple into your logo for the day.
- Get your team to wear purple for the day and make a reel together.
- Share information with your followers about how they can get involved and support the cause.
International Dog Day: 26 August 2022
International Dog Day was created to celebrate our furry friends. It’s a great day to celebrate everything we love about man’s best friend.
Ways to include International Dog Day in your content planner:
- Share a profile spotlight of your office dog.
- Share a reel of times dogs have been in your workplace. If you’re operating in the animal and pet industry, this is a great day for you to showcase your best products or host a sale.