Case Study: How working with Localsearch digital marketing experts helped O’Brien Plumbing & Roofing Port Macquarie build their business and open a new location in Coffs Harbour.
From O’Brien Plumbing & Roofing Port Macquarie
“Yes, the online presence has definitely created more enquires. Combined with other tactics, it has enabled us to increase our Port Macquarie business and assist in the establishment of Coffs Harbour.”
About O’Brien Plumbing & Roofing Port Macquarie
- Family owned and operated on the Mid North Coast NSW, with more than 40 years’ experience.
- Offers emergency 24/7 plumbing service with a $0 call-out fee.
- Fully trained in commercial, industrial and residential plumbing services, as well as gas fitting services.
- Provide roofing and guttering services, including roof water leaks, re-roofing, gutter installation and more
- Expanded to open Coffs Harbour branch.
1. To generate more traffic for the O’Brien Plumbing & Roofing Port Macquarie website.
As Localsearch is the preferred digital marketing provider for O’Brien Electrical & Plumbing Members throughout Australia, O’Brien Plumbing & Roofing Port Macquarie reached out to see how Localsearch could elevate their marketing.
Without search engine optimised content on their website, O’Brien Plumbing & Roofing Port Macquarie were struggling to appear at the top of relevant search results. This meant they were being seen by fewer potential customers.
2. Increase awareness of new Coffs Harbour branch.
O’Brien Plumbing & Roofing Port Macquarie informed us they had recently opened a Coffs Harbour branch, O’Brien Plumbing & Roofing Coffs Harbour. Like any new business, they were struggling to get the word out about their new venture.
As a result, our second goal was to increase leads and awareness around their new location.
3. Drive more leads to their roofing services.
Roofing is not a service many associate with the O’Brien name, unlike plumbing. To bring more awareness to this offering O’Brien Plumbing & Roofing wanted to focus on generating more leads for their roofing services. Our team at Localsearch knew to do this, there would need to be a very specific SEO (search engine optimisation) strategy in play.
1. Complete a business needs analysis.
Before developing any digital marketing strategy for a business, our digital marketing specialists at Localsearch carry out a free business needs analysis on the business. This analysis runs through:
- A website audit to identify any major concerns, like missing SSL certificate, poor content, low-quality user experience, etc.
- Their presence on search engines.
- Any social media presence and usage.
- Current use (or lack-there-of) of Google My Business (GMB).
And more. As an SEO client, we also took O’Brien Plumbing & Roofing Port Macquarie’s website through a full technical audit. During this assessment, our SEO specialists check the core web vitals statuses as well as any other vital components for performance.
The initial technical audit for O’Brien Plumbing & Roofing Port Macquarie included the following:
- Assessing site stability and speed.
- Ensuring there is no unnecessary code.
- Checking all backlinks are of quality and working.
- Scanning to make sure all plug-ins are up-to-date.
Performing this audit uncovers any issues which may impact prospective campaigns. Once this was complete, we moved onto creating a tailored strategy for O’Brien Plumbing & Roofing Port Macquarie.
2. Create and roll out a targeted content strategy.
With an SEO strategy in place, creating on-going high-quality content played (and still plays) an important role in the success of O’Brien Plumbing & Roofing Port Macquarie and O’Brien Plumbing & Roofing Coffs Harbour. Frequently updating content helps search engine recrawl websites more frequently, giving you more opportunities for rankings.
O’Brien Plumbing & Roofing Port Macquarie and Coffs Harbour’s content, in particular, needed a localised focus, while also utilising competitor analysis for the best keywords to target for the best results. Schema was then added to direct search engines to the most crucial elements of the website.
3. Utilise Google My Business for localised SEO opportunities.
For service-based or physical-location businesses, an optimised Google My Business is essential. It’s even more crucial for competitive industries and markets to help gain advantage over competitors by appearing higher in Google Maps, local knowledge pack and other localised search engine results.
O’Brien Plumbing & Roofing Port Macquarie is all of these things, and experienced great success from our Google My Business Help services. This includes ensuring they were optimised for the Port Macquarie region, highlighting their 24/7 opening hours and targeting their product and services, on top of regular posting.
As a result of Localsearch’s SEO campaign, in the last 90-days, O’Brien Plumbing & Roofing Port Macquarie has achieved the following results:
- 83% of website traffic is organic.
- 250+ calls generated through Google My Business.
- 2nd ranking average keyword position.
- 51k impressions (109% increase Feb – May).
The best part is, O’Brien Plumbing & Roofing Port Macquarie were able to track all their success live through Localsearch’s custom built, all-in-one digital marketing dashboard, Nucleus.
Are you an O’Brien Electrical & Plumbing Member?
Localsearch is the preferred marketing partner for O’Brien Electrical & Plumbing Members. However, member or not, if you would like to achieve results like this, book your free digital audit to receive your obligation-free quote today.