You’re not alone if you’re wondering how on earth it is nearly March already.
The good news is, our March content calendar is filled to the brim with exciting events to build your social media and content schedule around.
From World Wildlife Day to Employee Appreciation Day, there are plenty of events to help you fill your social media with engaging posts to boost your Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and more.
Keep reading to find out a little more about each of the days to recognise on social media, PLUS, some ideas to give you some inspiration to make posts of your own for days.
Download your FREE March Content Planner Here
If you want to receive a free content planner template delivered straight to your inbox each and every month, be sure to subscribe to the FREE Localsearch Digital Marketing Newsletter.
You may also like: Should your business bother with Twitter? 70% of businesses say yes.
Important Dates for Your March 2022 Content Plan
World Wildlife Day — 3 March 2022
Every year on the 3 March, the world celebrates World Wildlife Day.
Founded in 2013, World Wildlife Day was created to raise awareness of the importance of wildlife (both plants and animals) in sustaining life as we know it. In 2022, the theme of World Wildlife Day is Recovering Key Species for Ecosystem Restoration.
3 ways you can incorporate World Wildlife Day into your content calendar:
- Encourage your followers to donate to a wildlife conservation charity.
- Hold a fundraising morning tea at your workplace, take photos and share them on social media.
- Share some facts about your local endangered wildlife.
Employee Appreciation Day — 4 March 2022
The first Friday in March of every year, Australians celebrate Employee Appreciation Day.
This day was created as a way for employers to show how much their employees’ support and dedication to their business means to them.
3 ways to incorporate Employee Appreciation Day into your content calendar:
- Share a photo of your team.
- Do a spotlight on one or a few of your employees, highlighting their achievements and performance.
- Ask your social media audience to tell you what they love most about their fellow employees.
International Women’s Day — 8 March 2022
The 2022 theme for International Women’s Day is Break the Bias, aiming to break down the stereotypes and other barriers women often face within their lifetime.
3 ways to recognise International Women’s Day in your content calendar:
- Take a photo striking the International Women’s Day pose and share it with the 2022 hashtag #BreakTheBias.
- Share an inspiring story from one of the leading women in your business.
- Find an inspiring quote by an influential female and share it with your followers.
Popcorn Lover’s Day — 11 March 2022
Popcorn Lover’s Day is one of those quirky days created almost exclusively for marketing opportunities, which is perfectly fine with us.
While it may feel like a day like this is made for hospitality businesses, it’s definitely not. Even trades businesses can get involved showing a photo of their team snacking on popcorn on-site. Maybe a team member has revealed they love dipping popcorn in soft-serve ice-cream and you ask your followers if they agree or disagree — trust us, this one starts a debate and a half.
Culture posts are great for EVERY business, regardless of industry.
3 ways to celebrate Popcorn Lover’s Day in your content calendar:
- Surprise your team with freshly popped popcorn and share their reactions on an Instagram Story, Reel or TikTok.
- If you work in a hospitality industry, create a dish or drink with popcorn incorporated. The more surprising the better!
- Ask people their favourite popcorn flavour OR the movie popcorn reminds them of most!
- Start a debate on the best ways to cook popcorn at home. What are the best mix-ins? Instagram story polls are ideal for this.
St. Patrick’s Day — 17 March 2022
St Patrick’s Day is an Irish celebration held annually on 17 March commemorating the death of Saint Patrick. Traditionally, the day is filled with all things green from clothing to green beer, lucky charms, dancing and parades. While not a traditional Aussie holiday, St. Patrick’s Day is celebrated throughout Australia to embrace our friends from Ireland.
3 ways to incorporate St Patrick’s Day in your content calendar:
- Have your team wear green and post a photo.
- Share a limerick with your followers. Will any of them guess the correct answer?
- Showcase your green products!
National Close the Gap Day — 17 March 2022
National Close the Gap Day is recognised annually throughout the country and works towards the goal of Indigenous health equality by 2030. The aim of the day is to raise awareness and pledge to take action around the Indigenous Health Gap in Australia. As it stands, Indigenous Australians die 10 years younger than other Australians.
Ways to support Close the Gap Day in your content calendar:
- Host a fundraising event within your workplace and share the donation link online.
- Share statistics around the health gap and let your followers know how they can help bridge the gap.
Harmony Day — 21 March 2022
Harmony Day celebrates Australia’s rich multicultural way of life. The celebrations actually run for an entire week around Australia, kicking off on Harmony Day and continuing right through to 27 March.
3 ways you can incorporate Harmony Day in your content calendar:
- Share one of the Australian Government-created infographics.
- Ask your team to wear orange to mark the day, ensuring you take a photo and share it on social media. Orange was chosen as the official Harmony Day colour as it represents social and meaningful communications.
- Host a multicultural morning tea in your office, asking your team to bring in their favourite dishes from their childhood or culture! Share some of the dishes (maybe even a recipe or two) on your social media accounts.
World Water Day — 22 March 2022
World Water Day was created in 1993 by the United Nations to bring awareness to the 2.2 billion people still living without access to clean water. In 2022, the theme for Water Day is Groundwater, an invisible yet impactful natural resource. As climate change impacts continue to heighten, new ways to manage this resource will need to be invented.
3 ways to show support for World Water Day in your content calendar:
- Share a post with a fact sharing information around the availability of freshwater around the world.
- Let you followers know how they can help by sharing a donation link to the World Water Foundation.
- Head over to the World Water Day website and download some of their shareable assets for World Water Day.
Earth Hour — 26 March 2022
On the 26 March at 8:30pm, Australians are encouraged to turn off the lights in their homes and businesses for Earth Hour. The gesture was created to show support for a renewable energy future.
3 ways to include Earth Hour in your content calendar:
- Remind people it is Earth Hour before the clock strikes 8:30pm.
- Create a fun TikTok or Instagram Reel about turning the lights off around the office in time for Earth Hour.
- Share a fact or statistic about the benefits of Earth Hour.